Grilled Chicken and Lemony Greens with Apricot & Thyme Crumbled Goat Cheese
This recipe is fast, fresh and healthy. It's great as a simple, hot summer's night meal made with greens from the garden.
Author: Vermont Creamery
- 1 ¼–1 ½ lbs. of sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 11 oz. baby cooking greens (kale, collards, mustard, arugula, swiss chard, etc. or a mix)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 container of Vermont Creamery Crumbled Goat Cheese with Apricot & Thyme
- lemon wedges for serving
- In a resealable bag or a small container add chicken and vinaigrette to marinade for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- In a large pot add oil and garlic. Set aside.
- Preheat grill on medium high heat. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- On medium high heat, cook garlic until it just begins to brown. Add greens and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat and add lemon zest.
- Arrange greens on serving platter, top with grilled chicken and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.